What is HAIL DAMAGE?
Hail Damage to an Asphalt Shingle IS:
- Circular bruising in the keyways between two shingles
- Half circle bruising on the bottom edge of shingles
- Irregular bruising in the face of the shingle
- Excessive granule loss often found in gutters
- Fresh hail-splits on shakes with a visible hail impact mark on the shake
- Damage to drip edge (crescent moons)
- Holes in shake(s) from hail hit
- Newly missing shake(s) exposing underlying felt paper
- If you think you have Hail Damage, follow the next steps...
1. Call us to inspect your roof and exterior to determine if there is actual damage.
2. Call your insurance company and file a claim.
3. Once your claim has been filed, you will be given a claim number from the agent. This number is the case number for your claim and is important when addressing your insurance company. Please provide this number to your ADMIRAL ROOFING claims specialist as he/she will need it when discussing the claim with your insurance adjuster.
4. An insurance adjuster will contact you usually within several days of filing your claim to schedule an appointment to review your damage. When the adjuster calls, please instruct your adjuster to contact your ADMIRAL ROOFING claims representative. In doing this, we can meet with your insurance adjuster at an agreed time at your property to review the damage together. Meeting with the adjuster is essential for us in determining the scope of damage and in placing a fair market value for the repairs.